KSKA 1st to 4th Dan Application and Grading Protocol
- When applying to take KSKA 1st to 4th Dan gradings the application
should be sponsored by a Member of the KSKA holding a grade level of above the
- The sponsor should be domicile within the country of the applicant or
at least having regular contact with the applicant providing the opportunity
to assess the level of development leading towards the grading.
- For 1st, 2nd & 3rd Dan the grading application form
is to be presented on the day of the grading.
- For 4th Dan the grading application form is to be submitted to the
six months in advance of the proposed grading.
- Eligibility to present 4th Dan grading, the candidate must be a
member of the KSKA and for a minimum period of 2-years prior.
- A register of attendance on Gasshuku's and other courses presented by
the Shihankai are to be recorded within the candidates KSKA passbook (as
applicable), whilst record of attendance on domestic courses is to be made
within the applicants domestic association licence/passbook.
- KSKA 1st to 4th Dan gradings should be presented in the presence of
one or more members of the Shihankai.
- The KSKA Dan grade examination fee is to remain at 100€ until
further notice. Candidates who fail the examination will be refunded by € 50
of the fee. For subsequent attempts they are only required to pay € 50
without refunds on failure.